Who we are?


(Left to right Chris & Dutch, Chris With Tiki, Minna & Tiki)


We want to welcome you to our blog pages!
I (Minna) have been in Boxers since 1989, I started with conformation dogs. I helped out at a Finnish show boxer kennel. I moved to the USA in 1991 winter, bred my first boxer "Mafi" to an American bred boxer and got my first dog that I worked in Schutzhund "Ringo." I imported a bitch from FLIRTIN working Finnish boxer kennel, "Kia" the working dog. Along the way I helped out at a conformation boxer breeders kennel here in the states. I worked at a boarding and grooming kennel through out High School and few years after as a groomer and kennel helper. I got married and now have three children (Step daughter Courtney almost 13, Eeva 12 and Melodi 8). I am currently grooming dogs at my own Pet Grooming Business called Minna's Pet Spa and I'm also teaching obedience classes, along with coaching few people with Schutzhund competition work, I am also training few new police K-9 dogs for our new business. I have 2 boxers that I'm training & competing with mainly in the sport of Schutzhund at this time. But enjoy Agility, RH, Narcotic work and Advanced tracking with them as well. I'm currently training my husbands male boxer "Kapi", I also have young GSD female pup that I have high hopes for in Schutzhund.
I have handler owner trained 3 boxers from 0 to SchH3, IPO3, currently working on my 4th one this is "Oona". I have won the USA-BOX Working Championships 3 times with 2 different dogs. My latest was 2008 with my dog "Tiki".

My husband Chris was introduced to the world of Schutzhund by me with local club I belonged to (Fox Valley Police & Schutzhund Club) in December 2000, and he started training my then 3 year old male boxer "Pomo" in spring 2001. That year they as a team accomplished BH at the Regionals. They also got their TR1 at the USA-BOX Championships that same year! Chris was voted the best improved handler that year by FVP&SC. Since then he put SchH1 on "Pomo", and BH and SchH1 on another dog "Diesel" out of our breeding's. He also put BH and AD on his dog "Sparta" who I'm handling now. Chris completed BH thru SchH3 in 14 months with his dog "Sylkiie" aka "Silk" (our Dutch Shepherd he co-owns with our friend Bea T). Chris has learned to be a very good helper. He is safe and has great stamina. We are very dedicated members of the O.G. Bierstadt Schutzhund Club and we are the founders of our USA-BOX affiliated Schutzhund Club East Wisconsin Working Boxer Klub (EWWBK).
Chris is certified decoy for the Police K9's as well. Chris earned his Schutzhund USA NATIONAL level certification fall of 2008.
We are staring our own full service operation for Police K-9's in spring of 2010.
We believe German/European-line Boxers are true working dogs. Their ability to do the work is proven. With the right dog you can accomplish just about anything! Our main thing is Schutzhund with our dogs but we also compete in AKC events (Obedience, Agility, and Tracking) and some conformation showing.
Small home set breeding. We really go far with our pups as for socializing. Having three kids itself is a good thing. We do bio sensor testing at an early age. Our pups get exposed to almost everything (elevators, tarps, tunnels, different surfaces, camping if weather permits, etc.). They are well exposed to car rides and seeing lots of people and places. We are one of the very few BHOT (Breeder, Handler, Owner Trained) boxer breeders in the country.
Our pups are practically housebroken when they go to their new homes. We get up during the night to let them out by four weeks. At age 5-6 weeks, we separate our pups at night; first in two's and then separately. When they are ready to leave they won't miss each other as much. We also tattoo and/or microchip our pups. Occasional Boxer and Dutch Shepherd puppies available.
If you are interested in our pups, please contact us. boxnen@gmail.com